PTR was founded in 1976, by world renowned coach Dennis Van der Meer. Dennis saw the need to develop a universal language and progressions for tennis teaching. PTR Membership offers unparalleled educational materials, opportunities, career assistance and most importantly, worldwide recognition and respect.
PTR also provides members with numerous benefits to assist them in their career as a tennis teaching professional and/or coach. With members in 110 countries, PTR's mission is to educate, certify and service tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
Quick Facts about the Organization:
- Internationally recognized tennis teaching certification
- Approximately 14,000 Members in 110 countries
- 12 International Master Professionals
- 27 Master Professionals
- More than 190 National and International Testers
- Annual International Tennis Symposium, Championships and Trade Show
- Hosts annual PTR $15,000 Wheelchair Championships
- Publisher of TennisPro, PTR's award winning magazine
PTR membership is inclusive in terms of gender, race and ethnicity. PTR is also sensitive to those of lower socioeconomic backgrounds. If you cannot afford the cost of professional development, you may qualify for assistance through PTR Foundation.
For the teaching professional and coach to the tennis novice, PTR has instructional DVDs, manuals, supplements and books available that will help improve skills. We have included an Online Membership Application to make it easy for you to join PTR.
If you have any questions about PTR membership, please call 800-421-6289 or 843-785-7244 or use our contact page -- Thank you for visiting our web site. We update our educational courses and tennis information regularly, so be sure to visit often.