The Performance Certification Workshop is for coaches who currently work with or aspire to work with young players aged 10 -16 of potential. A minimum NTRP rating of 4.5 is necessary to attend this workshop. The objective of the workshop is to give coaches information to create and develop a performance environment in their club/facility so players have the opportunity to develop their potential. Coaches are shown how to plan lessons and meet the specific needs of young players. PTR's expansive work on age appropriate development of young players is used extensively and supports the content of the workshop. The certification consists of: Recommended four (4) hours of pre-workshop preparation from the study material provided along with a required online pre-test. The on court workshop runs 12 hours on court and prepares coaches for the three-part certification testing: demonstration of playing and coaching skills administered on court along with a post workshop online written exam submitted within seven (7) days of the workshop.
PTR Certification at the PROFESSIONAL level is a prerequisite for coaches who wish to progress to the PTR Performance program.
The Elements of the Workshop are:
- Creating, developing and maintaining a performance environment within a club/facility
- Communication, organization and planning skills
- Lesson structure and content to develop potential in young players
- Developing quality coaching skills and knowledge for working with performance juniors
- Essentials for performance based technical and tactical skills and game development
- Age appropriate competitive skills
- Information for working positively with parents
***Workshop is Full. Please call 843-785-7244 to be placed on to Waitlist.
Clinician: Marc Stingley
$167 • 8 or more days prior to workshop start date
$192 • 7 or fewer days prior to workshop start date
If second, third, fourth or fifth certification, please add $75 for additional certification testing fee
Workshop Day(s) & Time(s)
Wednesday, November 29, 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Thursday, November 30, 8:30AM - 12PM
Testing Day(s) & Time(s)
Thursday, November 30, 12PM - 2PM