PTR is the only tennis teaching organization in the US that provides certification for coaches working with 10 & Under players. This workshop was revised in 2015 to include more time developing players on the Orange and Green court. The workshop builds on the USTA Coach Youth Tennis program. The certification consists of: Recommended four (4) hours of pre workshop preparation from the Study Guide. The on court workshop runs 8 hours. It prepares participants for the three-part certification testing: demonstration of playing and coaching skills administered on court along with a post workshop online written exam submitted within five (5) days of the workshop.
PTR Certification at the PROFESSIONAL level is a prerequisite for coaches who wish to progress to the PTR Junior Development Specialist Program.
The Elements of the Workshop are:
- Creating a coaching environment in which young children can learn to play quickly while having fun
- Communication and organization skills for coaching 10 & Under players
- Structure and content of tennis lessons for 10 & Under players: athletic skill, technical and tactical, game and competitive development on the RED, ORANGE and GREEN court
- Developing quality coaching skills and knowledge for working with 10 & Under players
- Serve, rally and score as quickly as possible
- Appropriate team and individual competition for different age groups
- Information for working positively with parents
Clinician: Frank Adams
***Workshop is Full - Please call 843-785-7244 to be placed on to Waitlist.
$127 • 8 or more days prior to workshop start date
$152 • 7 or fewer days prior to workshop start date
If second, third, fourth or fifth certification, please add $75 for additional certification testing fee
Workshop Day(s) & Time(s)
Monday, May 21, 9AM - 6PM
Tuesday, May 22, Off unless attending the Adult Workshop
Testing Day(s) & Time(s)
Wednesday, May 23, 9AM - 2PM