21 December 2017
For Immediate Release
Record Number of Women to Speak at PTR International Tennis Symposium
Hilton Head Island, SC - - Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) is pleased to announce a record number of speakers at the upcoming PTR International Tennis Symposium are women. The Symposium will be held February 13-16, 2018, on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
In line with our promise to Billie Jean King to boost member roles to 33% women, PTR’s commitment is reflected in the number of women presenting (33%) at the upcoming PTR Symposium. The women presenters are:
- Judy Murray, coach of sons Andy Murray and Jamie Murray
- Dr. Anne Pankhurst, coach education consultant
- Dr. Michelle Cleere, performance psychologist, professor
- Emma Doyle, performance coach, youth tennis advocate
- Sue Falsone, first woman head athletic trainer for a Major League Baseball team
- Rita Gladstone, nationally recognized trainer and coach
- Nancy Hoekstra, adaptive tennis coach and clinician
- Linda LeClaire, confidence training expert
- Marie-France Mercier, Tennis Canada manager coaching development
- Natalie Myers, rehabilitation science doctoral candidate
- Abbie Probert, global head business and development for REBO
- Jenny Robb, tennis coach, social media strategist
- Sarah Stone, former pro player, current WTA Tour coach
- Jo Wallen, USTA director adult individual play & wheelchair tennis
For more information about or to register for the PTR International Tennis Symposium, visit www.ptrtennis.org or call 843-785-7244.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 16,000 members in 125 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
Contact: Peggy Edwards • PO Box 4739, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938 USA
843-785-7244 • fax 843-686-2033 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.ptrtennis.org