PTR is the only tennis teaching organization currently providing education/certification to coach 11 to 17 year olds. The objective of the workshop is to teach coaches how to create a club/facility environment in which young people between the ages of 11 and 17 can learn, play and enjoy tennis. The certification consists of: Recommended four (4) hours of pre workshop preparation from the Study Guide. The on court workshop runs 8 hours. It prepares participants for the three-part certification testing: demonstration of playing and coaching skills administered on court along with a post workshop online written exam submitted within five (5) days of the workshop.
PTR Certification at the PROFESSIONAL level is a prerequisite for coaches who wish to progress to the PTR Junior Development Level III Program.
The Elements of the Workshop are:
- Communication and organization skills for coaches working with 11 to 17 year olds both in groups and as individuals
- Lesson structure and content for different ages and gender: athletic skills to reinforce technical and tactical skills, game and competitive development
- Developing quality coaching skills and knowledge for working with 11-17 year olds
- How to develop leadership qualities in young people
- Conducting successful camps
- Appropriate competition in singles, doubles and team formats
- Information for working positively with parents
**If this is your 2nd, 3rd or 4th certification, please add $75 to cover the additional certification testing fee**
Day(s) & Time(s)
Monday, July 1, 1PM - 6PM
Tuesday, July 2, 9AM - 2PM