The new Level 2 pathway is a comprehensive program raising the bar on coach education. Level I consists of 6 days of face to face experiential education covering Jr. Development, Recreational/High School Development, Adult Development as well as online prerequisite education. During the 6 days of experiential learning, coaches will be immersed in key topics vital to improving coaching knowledge, skills and behaviors.
Topics covered will include:
- The Coaching Environment
- Coaching Behaviors, Skills and Knowledge
- Program and Session Planning and Organization
- Safety and Injury
- Player Development
- Physical Development including Growth, Development and Maturation
- Cognitive, Emotional and Social Development at Different Ages and Stages
- Physical Development at Difference Ages and Stages
- Motor Skill Learning
- Technical Parameters and Tactical Analysis
- Tactical Development
- Game Situations and Tactical Analysis
- Competitive Structures for different ages
- Working with Parents
- Evaluation, Monitoring and Goal Setting
- Personal Reflection
Coaches attending PTR Level I education will now be required to complete the following program prerequisites:
- Safeguarding (Background Check/SafePlay)
- First Aid/CPR ($35 additional fee for online course)
- iTPA TPT Online Certification
- Download the PTR Coach Plus App
The Level 2 program is the ideal starting point for career coaches who are responsible for the delivery of sessions to beginner to intermediate players. Coaches participating in this program should be full time tennis coaches or have completed the Level 1 Instructor Certification or Teaching Essentials I program.
We are pleased to offer this comprehensive program for coaches to enhance their education and coach competence.
Clinician(s): Inaki Balzola/Brian Parkkonen
Dates & Times:
November 20th - 22nd, 9am - 5pm each day
December 11th - 13th, 9am - 5pm each day
*Non-refundable. However, if there is a change to your site/dates selection, your fees will be transferred.