The Performance Certification Workshop is for coaches who currently work with or aspire to work with young players aged 10 -16 of potential. A minimum NTRP rating of 4.5 is necessary to attend this workshop. The objective of the workshop is to give coaches information to create and develop a performance environment in their club/facility, so players have the opportunity to develop their potential. Coaches are shown how to plan lessons and meet the specific needs of young players with potential. PTR's expansive work on age appropriate development of young players is used extensively and supports the content of the workshop. The recommended pre-work consists of a 42-page study guide that lays the framework for the workshop and certification. The on-court workshop runs 12 hours on court and prepares coaches for the three- part certification testing: demonstration of playing and coaching skills administered on court along with a post workshop online written exam submitted within five (5) days of the workshop.
PTR Certification at the PROFESSIONAL level is a prerequisite for coaches who wish to progress to the PTR Performance Level III Program.
The Elements of the Workshop are:
Clinician: Daniel Breag
- Creating, developing and maintaining a performance environment within a club/facility
- Communication, organization and planning skills
- Lesson structure and content to develop potential in young players
- Developing quality coaching skills and knowledge for working with performance juniors
- Essentials for performance based technical and tactical skills and game development
- Age appropriate competitive skills
- Information for working positively with parents
** If this is your 2nd, 3rd or 4th certification, please add $75 to cover the additional certification testing fee
Workshop Days & Times
Saturday, August 24, 9AM - 4PM
Sunday, August 25, 9AM-3PM