PTR is the only tennis teaching organization in the US that provides certification for coaches working with 10 & Under players. This workshop includes more time developing players on the Red, Orange and Green courts. The workshop builds on the USTA Coach Youth Tennis program. The certification consists of: Recommended four (4) hours of pre workshop preparation from the Study Guide. The on-court workshop runs 8 hours. It prepares participants for the three-part certification testing: demonstration of playing and coaching skills administered on court along with a post workshop online written exam submitted within five (5) days of the workshop.
PTR Certification at the PROFESSIONAL level is a prerequisite for coaches who wish to progress to the PTR Junior Development Level III Program.
The Elements of the Workshop are:
- Creating a coaching environment in which young children can learn to play quickly while having fun
- Communication and organization skills for coaching 10 & Under players
- Structure and content of tennis lessons for 10 & Under players: athletic skill, technical and tactical, game and competitive development on the RED, ORANGE and GREEN court
- Developing quality coaching skills and knowledge for working with 10 & Under players
- Serve, rally and score as quickly as possible
- Appropriate team and individual competition for different age groups
- Information for working positively with parents
Clinician: Margot Carter
**If this is your 2nd, 3rd or 4th certification, please add $75 to cover the additional certification testing fee**
Day(s) & Time(s)
Friday, October 11, 9AM - 6PM
Sunday, October 13, 9AM - 11AM